Upon the recommendation of the Geauga County Prosecutor’s Office, Burton Township has reduced its regular meeting schedule to the following and the Burton Township Trustees recommend the following precautions when attending any meeting. All meetings are held at Township Administration building located at 14821 Rapids Road, unless otherwise noted. The Burton Township Trustees will meet on the first Monday of each month (subject to change).
***No Trustees Meeting Monday – October 18, 2021***
***Trustees Meeting – Monday – November 1, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.***
***Zoning Commission Regular Meeting – Monday – November 8th, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.***
***Board of Zoning Appeals – no new business at this time***
***Tuesday Night Zoning Hours Have Been Cancelled. Please contact the Assistant Zoning Inspector, Joanne George at 440-834-4236 with any Zoning questions or concerns.***
Burton Township Trick or Treat will be held Sunday, October 31st from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Burton Township Meeting Practices
- Anyone having a temperature of 100 degrees or more prior to meeting shall not attend.
- Anyone having been recently exposed to COVID-19 prior to meeting shall not attend.
- Hard surfaces in the meeting room shall be wiped down with Clorox.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available for public’s use.
- Chairs will be spaced 6′ apart of the recommended social distancing.
- Front door may be propped open, weather permitting.
***The Burton Township Park Committee, Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals have open positions. If interested in joining please contact the Trustees at 440-834-1500***
In July 2018 Burton Township became a member of NOPEC’s electric and natural gas aggregation programs. As a resident or small business in a NOPEC member community, you can take advantage of electric and natural gas supply rates negotiated specifically for NOPEC customers.
For more information, go to nopec.org or call 855-667-3201 (855-NOPEC-01).
FirstEnergy Promotions & Information