Burton Memorial Forest & Park Rules and Regulations
The below listed Rules and Regulations were passed by the Burton Township Board of Trustees on October 20, 1993, and pertain to the pavilion, playground and Memorial Forest area (Burton Township Property).
Violations of the below listed rules and regulations are a Minor Misdemeanor, and punishable by a fine of not more than $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars). All other laws of the State of Ohio and Ordinances of the Village of Burton, Ohio may be applicable as well
- Park Hours: The Pavilion and Playground areas are open from 8:00 am until dark. No one is permitted to start on the trails less than one hour before closing time listed above.
- Parking: Vehicles are permitted to pull up to the chain to unload picnic supplies. They must be moved to the parking area when unloaded. All vehicles must be parked in the paved or gravel parking area. No parking of vehicles after closing is permitted without prior authorization of the Board of Trustees. Do not block the hitching rail, driveway or garage door.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Are prohibited on Township property.
- Hunting and Trapping: Are prohibited on Township property.
- Pets: Are permitted on leash except in the pavilion or playground areas. Owners of the pets are responsible for disposal of their pet’s excrement.
- Fires: Only the use of the grills provided by the Township is permitted. No other fires or stoves are permitted without prior authorization of the Board of Trustees. You must dispose of all charcoal in containers provided for this purpose. The Board of Trustees reserve the right to ban all fires during periods when the risk of fire is more severe.
- Weapons: The possession or discharge of any sort of firearm, air rifle, bow and arrow or crossbow within the Township is prohibited.
- Motor Vehicles of any type are prohibited from using the trails or areas of the Township property other than for parking.
- Horseback Riding: Horseback riding is prohibited on Township property.
- Disorderly Conduct including, but not limited to: Excessive Noise, Loud Radio/Stereos and Loitering is prohibited.