Upon the recommendation of the Geauga County Prosecutor’s Office, Burton Township has reduced its regular meeting schedule to the following and the Burton Township Trustees recommend the following precautions when attending any meeting
***The Burton Township Trustees will meet on the first Monday of each month (subject to change). Trustees Regular Meeting – Monday – November 2, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.***
***Tuesday Night Zoning Hours Have Been Cancelled. Please contact the Assistant Zoning Inspector, Joanne George at 440-834-4236 with any Zoning questions or concerns.***
***Zoning Commission Special Meeting – Thursday – October 29, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. to receive application for map amendment in accordance with Burton Township Zoning Resolution***
***Board of Zoning Appeals – Public Hearing – Thursday – November 5, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. to consider application #1503-20, submitted by Benjamin Vild. For full details click Vild Details.***
Burton Township Meeting Practices
- Anyone having a temperature of 100 degrees or more prior to meeting shall not attend.
- Anyone having been recently exposed to COVID-19 prior to meeting shall not attend.
- Hard surfaces in the meeting room shall be wiped down with Clorox.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available for public’s use.
- Chairs will be spaced 6′ apart of the recommended social distancing.
- Front door may be propped open, weather permitting.
Burton Township will hold Trick or Treat on Saturday, October 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you will be handing out candy, please make sure to turn your porch light on. We ask that you ensure 6-foot social distancing while distributing treats and recommend the use of face coverings. The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has recommended the following measures for social distancing:
- placing treats on porch steps or a table in the driveway with a sign asking children to take only one.
- using creative ways to distribute treats, such as a candy “slide” made of PVC pipe, or hanging treats from a wall or fence.
- setting up hand-sanitizing stations if children select their own treats from a bowl/common container.
***The Burton Township Park Committee, Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals have open positions. If interested in joining please contact the Trustees at 440-834-1500***
General Plan Update Information
Geauga County residents may participate at one of the in-person public forums or anytime online through the following link:
Geauga County General Plan – Virtual Public Meeting
In July 2018 Burton Township became a member of NOPEC’s electric and natural gas aggregation programs. As a resident or small business in a NOPEC member community, you can take advantage of electric and natural gas supply rates negotiated specifically for NOPEC customers.
For more information, go to nopec.org or call 855-667-3201 (855-NOPEC-01).
FirstEnergy Promotions & Information